What is Magnesium alloy die casting
The principle of Magnesium die casting process is to use high pressure to press the liquid magnesium alloy into a precision metal mold cavity at high speed, and the metal liquid cools and solidifies under pressure to form a casting.
Advantage and Disadvantage
Die casting is the main and most widely used forming process for magnesium alloy. Magnesium alloy has excellent die-casting process performance:
|Advantage||1. Magnesium alloy liquid viscosity is low, good fluidity, easy to fill the complex cavity. 2. With magnesium alloy can easily produce thin wall die casting parts, around 0.6mm|
3. Magnesium die casting draft angle is smaller.
4. Magnesium die-casting dimensional accuracy is 50% higher than aluminum die-casting parts.
5. Magnesium alloy melting point lower than aluminum alloy, die-casting die life longer than aluminum alloy.
6. Not Easy stick mold. its mold life can be 2-4 times longer than aluminum alloy parts. 7. The die-casting cycle of magnesium alloy parts is shorter than aluminum parts, thus the production efficiency can be increased by 25% compared with aluminum alloy.
8. The processing performance of magnesium alloy casting is better than aluminum alloy casting, the cutting speed of magnesium alloy parts can be increased by 50% than aluminum alloy parts, and the processing energy consumption is 50% lower than aluminum alloy parts.
9. High production efficiency
Poor plasticity at room temperature.
Poor corrosion resistance.
Die Casting Material
Die-cast magnesium alloys can be divided into four series according to their composition
|AZ(Mg-AL-Zn)(AZ91)||AZ91 has good casting properties and the highest yield strength, its die castings are widely used in many forms of parts such as automotive seats, gearbox housings, etc.|
|AM(Mg-AL-Mn)(AM60、AM50)||AM50, AM60 has high elongation and toughness, used for impact load resistance, high safety occasions such as wheels, doors, etc.|
|AS(Mg-A1-Si)(AS41、AS21)||Heat-resistant die-cast magnesium alloy|
|AE(Mg-AL-RE)(AEA2)||Heat-resistant die-cast magnesium alloy|
Cold and hot chamber die casting methods are widely used in magnesium alloy die casting.Generally thin-walled castings use hot chamber die-casting machine, thick-walled castings use cold chamber die-casting machine. Magnesium alloy hot chamber die-casting machine is currently the most used number of foreign magnesium alloy die-casting special equipment, with high production efficiency, low pouring temperature, long injection life, easy to achieve the characteristics of melt protection. The main disadvantage is that the equipment cost and maintenance cost is high.